2011/10/03 program file is uploaded.
2011/05/11 site opened
Scope of the Conference
Chitose Institute of Science and Technology (CIST) has organized international forum and conferences related to Photonics Science and Technology every year since 1998 when CIST was established. For example, the 4th International Conference on Organic Nonlinear Optics (ICONO'4) in 1998, the International Symposium on Optical Memory (ISOM2000) in 2000, and the Korea Japan Joint Forum in 2008. The first Chitose International Forum on Photonics Science & Technology (CIF'1) was held in 1999. Each forum in this annual series focuses on a specific topic related to photonics.
This year, CIF'12 will focus on optical materials, nano- and bio-imaging, and optical communications. Topics include, but are not limited to:
Download the CIF'12 Program
Download the First Circlular
Download the CIF12 Poster (in Japanese)
- Optical materials: Liquid crystal materials, organic photonic materials
- Nano- and bio-imaging: Molecular imaging, imaging for biology and medicine
- Communications: optical networks, optical systems, optical devices
Call for Papers
The deadline for submitting papers is extended!
Please submit extended abstract to CIF'12 Secretariat by September 30th.
Both oral (small number) and poster presentations are available. Extended abstract (A4 1-2 pages) must be submitted to CIF'12 Secretariat by September 30th. Please e-mail an electronic version in PC-compatible formats. MS Word format is strongly recommended;
maximum: 2-pages including text, figures and tables in A4 size.
email: n-karasa-at- photon.chitose.ac.jp
Download the Instructions for the Extended Abstracts
Authors of accepted papers are requested to submit a full paper (A4 4-6 pages) for the proceedings by the date of the conference, October 14th. Proceedings will be published as a book edited by the Organizing Committee. Proceedings will be printed as Camera Ready Form, so the authors should follow the instructions for manuscript preparation
Download the Instructions for the Proceedings
CIF' 12 Schedule
Oct. 12th, (Wed.) 2011
18:00 Welcome Party at Hotel Grand Terrace Chitose
Oct. 13th, (Thu.) 2011
09:00 Opening Remarks
Session I Organic materials
13:15 Plenary Lectures
15:30 Tree Planting Ceremony
16:00 Special Lecture
18:30 Banquet at Hotel Grand Terrace Chitose
Oct. 14th, (Fri) 2011
Session II Communications
12:00-14:00 Poster Session
Session III Nano- and Bio-imaging
16:35 Poster Awards
16:45 Closing Remarks
CIF' 12 Invited speakers
- Special lecture
- Prof. Akira Suzuki (Hokkaido Univ., Japan), 2010 Nobel laureate, "Receiving Nobel Prize in Chemistry"
- Download the Special Lecture Poster (in Japanese)
- Prof. Masataka Nakazawa (RIEC, Tohoku Univ., Japan) "'Multi' is everywhere"
- Prof. Andreas Offenhaeusser (Institute of Complex Systems and Peter-Gruenberg-Institut Bioelectronics, Germany) "NEURO-OPTOELECTRONICS: methods to interact with the brain?"
- Prof. Norio Amizuka (Dept. of Developmental Biology of Hard Tissue, Hokkaido Univ., Japan) "Histochemical Imaging of Bone Forming Cells"
- Prof. Suk-Won Choi (Dept. of Advanced Materials Engineering for Information and Electronics, Kyung Hee Univ., South Korea)
- Prof. Yun Chung (Dept. of Electrical Eng., KAIST, South Korea) "Future Optical Access Networks"
- Prof. Takanori Fukushima (RIKEN Advanced Science Inst. & Tokyo Inst. of Tech., Japan) "Photoresponsive Materials by Large-Area Hierarchical Molecular Ordering of a Functional Polymer Brush"
- Dr. Yasuyuki Gotoh (JNC Corp., Japan) "Development of liquid crystal materials for TFT-use by applying cross-coupling reaction"
- Prof. Kuniharu Ijiro (RIES, Hokkaido Univ., Japan) "DNA-conjugated silver nanoparticles for fluorescence and Raman dual-modal bioimaging"
- Prof. Takeshi Imamura (Dept. of Molecular Medicine for Pathogenesis, Ehime Univ., Japan) "In vivo optical imaging in cancer research"
- Prof. Hiromi Kimura-Suda (CIST, Japan) "Characterization of bone quality in end-stage kidney disease by vibrational spectroscopy"
- Dr. Shigeru Nakamura (NEC Corp., Japan) "Silicon Photonics Devices for Photonic Switching Application"
- Prof. Jaegeun Noh (Dept. of Chem., Hanyang Univ., South Korea) "Molecular-scale Investigation of Organic Thiol Self-Assembled Monolayers on Au(111): Structural Control and Order"
- Dr. John Schlager (NIST, USA) "The Characterization of GaN Nanowires for Optoelectronics"
- Dr. Senichi Suzuki (NTT Network Innovation Laboratories, Japan) "Advanced integrated optical components for ultrahigh-speed optical networks"
- Prof. Takanori Suzuki (Dept. of Chem., Hokkaido Univ., Japan) "Advanced Electrochromism Based on Dynamic Redox Systems:Toward the Realization of Unimolecular Memory and Multi-functional Properties"
- Dr. Yoichi Taira (IBM Research, Tokyo Research Lab., Japan) "Optical Interconnect Technology for Supercomputers and Servers"
- Prof. Goran Ungar (Dept. of Materials Sci. and Eng., The Univ. of Sheffield, England) "New and old columnar structures in open and confined geometries"
- Regular participants
This includes symposium abstract, symposium kits, coffee break, banquet, and so on. Regular participants can receive a copy of Proceedings.